These three online platforms are signatories of the Code of Practice against disinformation and the Commission asked them to report monthly on their actions undertaken ahead of the European Parliament elections in May 2019, in particular on the scrutiny of ad placements, political and issue-based advertising and integrity of services.
Broadly, the Commission is encouraged that the Reports provide further information on the policies the platforms have developed to meet these commitments.
Nevertheless, the Commission remains deeply concerned by the platform’s failure to provide specific benchmarks to measure progress, by the lack of detail on the actual results of the measures already taken and lack of detail showing that new policies and tools are deployed timely and with sufficient resources across all EU Member States.
Full monthly reports
- Factsheet on disinformation
- Press release: “Code of Practice against disinformation: Commission calls on signatories to intensify their efforts”
- Questions and Answers – Code of Practice against disinformation: Commission calls on signatories to intensify their efforts
- Summary report on the implementation of the Code of Practice
- Report on progress made in the implementation of the April Communication