Posts about Verkhovna Rada adopting (some sources claimed it’s still reviewed) a law on «Belonging to the Ukrainian Nation and Protection of the State Forming Nation» spawned simultaneously in a number of blogs and social networks. A member of «Svoboda» party, Bogdan Beniuk was said to be its author.
Moreover, the post on segodnia.ru states as follows: «According to Gennady Makarov, the head of assosiation for “Cultural and Lingual Equality” and the steering group chairman of the Eastern Ukraine Russian organisations council “Russian Veche”, it is “not about nationality. You can be of Jewish, Armenian or any other origin, you can even declare your speeches in Russian, like Vitaly Klichko and Arsen Avakov, but you have to prove that you hate everything Russian.”»
However, this document does not exist. Anyone could check it by browsing the draft laws page of Bogdan Beniuk on Verkhovna Rada web site, as well as the web site of the «Svoboda» party. This draft law does not exist on any web resource.
However some of the mass media decided to refer to this non-existing draft law and called it Bogdan Beniuk draft law #4570 «On Lustration Procedure in Ukraine».
«March 26 five MPs from the «Svoboda» party registered draft law # 4570 “On Lustration Procedure in Ukraine”… it seems on the ground of nazi Bogdan Beniuk’s draft law “On Belonging to the Ukrainian Nation and Protection of the State Forming Nation”, point 6 of which reads as follows: “State authority officials who are ethnic Russians and cannot rebut it with documents are to be fired by December 31 2014″», — assumed the author of the article on «Komitet» web site.
The text of draft law #4570 has not been published on Verkhovna Rada web site yet, but it has already been registered.
Yet the text is easily found on the «Svoboda» party web site. It contains nothing of the rumours posted on the Internet.
According to article 5 of this draft law «Persons that are subjected to temporary prohibition of occupying positions in the subjects of lustration», the following categories fall under the prohibition of occupying positions in the subjects of lustration: those who up to 01.01.1992 occupied senior positions in the Communist Party of the U.S.S.R., K.G.B., or deliberately cooperated with the U.S.S.R. state security agencies and took part in persecutions of people in the U.S.S.R., including:
- those who occupied senior positions in the Soviet Union Communist Party starting from regional committees and including all more high-profile bodies, those who were members of these committees bureaus, members of the C.P.S.U. Central Committee;
- those who occupied position of C.P.S.U. party committee secretary in organisations, factories and offices;
- those who occupied senior positions in the K.G.B. or in the Fifth Department of the K.G.B.;
- those who occupied head position in political departments in the U.S.S.R. army or Ministry of Internal Affairs.;
- those who performed functions of residents or agents, were safe house owners, informers or non-staff members of the K.G.B.;
- those who took part in the persecutions of people in the U.S.S.R. for their political views, social status, class, ethnics or religion.
In addition, it should be noted that all draft laws are published on Verkhovna Rada web site in Ukrainian. Therefore, a draft law that exists only in Russian can hardly be genuine.